Manufactured Home Insurance
Manufactured Homes, Mobile Homes, or Modular Homes, regardless of what you call them, many insurance companies treat them different than your traditional stick-built home.
At Nolan Insurance Agency we make choosing the right insurance for your manufactured home easy.
Basically, manufactured home insurance is the same as conventional homeowner insurance, but it’s tailored to meet the specific needs of the manufactured home owner.
Just like homeowner insurance, you’ll want to insure your manufactured home against the three major risk areas:
- Damage to your manufactured home
- Theft of property from your manufactured home
- Your legal liability for injuries or property damage.
However, you'll likely find out that manufactured home insurance can be more expensive than conventional homeowner insurance because:
- A manufactured home is more likely to be extensively damaged if it should catch on fire.
- A manufactured home is lighter than site-built homes, they tend to blow over more easily and therefore suffer more severely from storm damage.
- Because walls are not insulated as well in manufactured homes as they are in site-built homes, pipes are more prone to freezing and then bursting and then, well, you know the inevitable.
Those are three good reasons for having Nolan Insurance compare companies to ensure proper insurance for your manufactured home at the lowest price. Call us today for a quote.
As a bonus, here are two super reasons to buy manufactured home insurance—both flood and earthquake coverages are included! That’s right! They are not separate insurance purchases like as with a conventional homeowner policy.